Here at Leading Health Solutions our friendly team of occupational therapists can provide expert advice and assessment to help you find the perfect solutions to the challenges posed by your home or community environments.
So what are home modifications?
Home modifications refers to any changes to the structure, layout or fittings of an environment in order to increase the ease and safety of access, or to facilitate greater safety and independence whilst performing everyday tasks.
This can include things such as:
- The installation of temporary or permanent ramps
- bathroom modifications to improve access, safety and independence.
- alterations to the home layout; including kitchens, widening of doorways, etc.
- installation or removal of steps and stairs
- alterations to the entrances/exits of your home.
- widening or resurfacing pathways.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Also see this additional link for more information on home modifications under the NDIS: