Here at Leading Health Solutions our friendly team of Occupational Therapists can work with you to complete a functional capacity assessment to assist us in gaining an understanding of what life looks like for you, where you experiences success in your everyday life, and where you may be experiencing some challenges. In the functional capacity assessment, we will assess all everyday activities including:
- Personal care (e.g. showering, dressing, toileting, grooming, etc.)
- domestic chores (e.g. cooking, cleaning, gardening, home maintenance, etc.)
- life skills (e.g. money management, shopping, home safety skills, etc.)
We will also assess some key functions of how your body works, such as strength, range of motion, pain, cognition, balance, etc, to help us gain further insight into why you may be experiencing challenges.
So Why Do I Need a Complex Functional Assessment?
A Complex Functional Assessment can:
- Provide evidence of your support needs for your NDIS plan reviews
- support your application for SIL or SDA funding
- identify challenges in the way in which you complete everyday tasks
- identify assistive technology and/or home modification requirements
- determine if any care assistance is required.
- This assistance may include: domestic assistance, attendant care assistance, gardening/ home maintenance assistance, etc.
For additional information about our Complex Functional Assessment services under the NDIS and what we can do to help you, please contact us.